Thread: FSM abbreviation... "SST"?

FSM abbreviation... "SST"?

I was looking at the section in my FSM about replacing a wheel bearing, and it tells you to use the "SST". What the hell is that? Specialized Service Tool? Specific Service Tool? Anyone know?
    I'm not sure if I'll have the tools to do the job or not, especially since I don't think I have this mysterious "SST".
    Paul
    99 Protege LX 5spd, highlight silver: Klasse AIO / FourStar UPP x2 / FourStar UPP spray / Nattys Paste Wax

"Aww, why won't those stupid morons let me in their crappy club for jerks!!?" - Homer Simpson

Not sure what it means but you need a hydraulic press to replace that.
    2003.5 MAZDASPEED Protege

Microtech LT10s, WRX 440's, HiBoost FMIC, MAM catless midpipe, Corksport S+J pipes, PLX M-300 Wideband, Greddy Profec B Spec II, RR-Racing rear MM inserts, AWR Front MM, Injen SRI, Greddy Type-S BOV

Well I was told it means "special service tool", and I certainly don't have one. I don't have a hydraulic press either. I'll be stopping at a couple local shops tomorrow. I'd do it today but I have a job interview in an hour.
    Paul
    99 Protege LX 5spd, highlight silver: Klasse AIO / FourStar UPP x2 / FourStar UPP spray / Nattys Paste Wax

"Aww, why won't those stupid morons let me in their crappy club for jerks!!?" - Homer Simpson

Any local car shop should be able to press it out for a minimal charge for you, especially if you have most of the work done.

And yes, SST = Special Service Tool.