Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interior color scheme for Spicy Orange?

Interior color scheme for Spicy Orange?

While the OEM silver looks good, after seeing L8R's car (http://www.themazdaforum.com/showthread.php?t=6252), I almost want to paint some pieces or get them painted.

Question is, other than matching the exterior spicy, what other colors would compliment it? I'd like something that's not a HUGE contrast (no blue) but something else.

Any ideas?

bluebyuwrx
    black

I agree that gloss black would look nice. Spicy would be ok inside if it is not overdone, but compliment it with black pillars or somthing.

Always use 3 colors in an interior to aviod looking tacky. Id love too see some custom but subtle airbrushing like a pin stripping that kinda follows the center of the interior.
    [S]

Professional Hater[/S]

Black would be cool for all pillars and the headliner, but not so much the trim pieces, in my opinion. The silver fits quite nicely but then again, it's stock and everyone has it. I agree that spicy may look nice if not overdone, but with it being such a "loud" color, even doing some trim would be a lot.

As far as trim goes, I've currently got a set of DG radio plates which cover up the faux cf trim on the radio surround, so I may implement those at some point once I figure out what color to have as a main.

I don't want three colors at all, two is pushing it on each single piece.

What kinda pinstriping or airbrushing?

Also, Corwin, looking at your sig as I'm typing this, I can see what look to be yellow pillars. Any shots of your interior?

Im too embrassed to show that interior... it was show only but ill show you why two colors looks TACKY.

[S]

Professional Hater[/S]

ok, that's definately yellow.

what color's the headliner?

and yeah, I see now why two is overpowering. then again, what about using two with subtle(r) colors?

two subtle colors?? That would be what you have now... the proper way is tw subtles and a contrast but thats just me.

The headliner is black as well.
    [S]

Professional Hater[/S]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Win
    two subtle colors?? That would be what you have now... the proper way is tw subtles and a contrast but thats just me.

The headliner is black as well.
    Eh, I guess so. Guess the interior's kinda one of those if you do it, go all out kinda deals or else it looks out of place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast