Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 277.4whp @ 12psi

didn't you get 298hp on the stock motor at one point?
    [S]What it do, baby?[/S]

Quote Originally Posted by 505
    I have always tried to stay conservative on the timing maps, and the 277 run had a max of -16 "MPI units" (on a flashed MSP ECU). Not sure what that ends up being for total timing, I just don't know exactly, sorry.
    Ok, so you think if I want to get into the 220+ whp I should probably use the timing feature on megasquirt?

edit: 220 @ 10psi on stocker...hmm that sounds like just what I want.
    2003.5 MAZDASPEED Protege

Microtech LT10s, WRX 440's, HiBoost FMIC, MAM catless midpipe, Corksport S+J pipes, PLX M-300 Wideband, Greddy Profec B Spec II, RR-Racing rear MM inserts, AWR Front MM, Injen SRI, Greddy Type-S BOV

Quote Originally Posted by Peepsalot
    didn't you get 298hp on the stock motor at one point?

If you're talkin crank hp, then yes, I did that and more. 277 was the highest it ever put out at the wheels on the dyno. I was running the car at 15psi after that dyno session for several weeks though, and it was putting out 25-30 more on the street. I never got brave enough to go back and put it on the dyno at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by 03MSP
    Ok, so you think if I want to get into the 220+ whp I should probably use the timing feature on megasquirt?

edit: 220 @ 10psi on stocker...hmm that sounds like just what I want.
    Flashed or no? Not a huge difference I know, and I would probably say that you should pull some timing either way at that power level, but if you are flashed then I would say definitely.

Yeah, I'm flashed. Hope timing isn't too much harder to setup; I hate being a tuning noob, I'm pretty much depending on a friend to help me out.
    2003.5 MAZDASPEED Protege

Microtech LT10s, WRX 440's, HiBoost FMIC, MAM catless midpipe, Corksport S+J pipes, PLX M-300 Wideband, Greddy Profec B Spec II, RR-Racing rear MM inserts, AWR Front MM, Injen SRI, Greddy Type-S BOV

thats great ... but there's something wrong with your engine hehehe

you probably got some kind of prototype undestructable engine hehe
    07 Mazdaspeed6 Snowflake White
    95 Talon TSi AWD White
    86 RX7 GXL Old Crappy White
    White FTW!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12