Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazda CX-7 vs Nissan Murano

Mazda CX-7 vs Nissan Murano

Thinking of buying a CX-7 for the wife within the next year or so. I was also eyeballing the Nissan Murano for comparative reasons. Can anyone give me plus or minuses to either or have any links for comparison? I'm honestly leaning toward the Murano right now due to the fact that I like the looks a lot more than the CX-7. Otherwise they seem fairly comparable to me.

Thank you
    2007 Black Mica MazdaSpeed3 GT

cx-7 is a mazda .. what else do you need to know?!!! sheeesh

edit: it's also turboed!!

cx-7 = way more awards and editor picks. And, as fez stated, it's a mazda
    Given that they were able to coast after that happened, it leads me to believe that Mitsubishi trannies suck so much they don't even make good anchors. :D

My wife wanted a Murano, I took her down to the Mazda dealership and had her drive a cx-7... we bought the 7 the next day. She has not looked at the Murano since.

uh the (new) murano looks like ass.
    2002.5 22v Mazda Protege5
    Ebay CAI w/ K&N filter
    OBX header
    PG Catted midpipe
    RacingBeat CBE
    Tokico Blues
    Eibach Prokit
    KartBoy SS and bushing w/ Greddy Counterweight
    16x7 Rota Slipstreams w/ Hankook Ventus HR2 205/50/r16

(burnout) ph34r teh 22v

Yeah stick with the CX-7. Great suv
    K&N Typhone 2 Intake l Esperil Springs l RR Footwell lights l EvoR trunk Lip l Axis Supermesh Rims l Agency Power midpipe l Eye lids l OEM tow hook painted chrome black l Blacked out emblems l LS1 Coils l Exhaust

Blog Entries
    does the murano need premium?
    Ammaar - Stock 03 Pro LX updated with some of that ish.

It's the Second Law of Sexual Dynamics...if you think a girl is attracted to you, you are wrong

Take my word for it..

CX-7. When I worked for Mazda we did that stoopid crap where we tested out the vehicles current competition on a road course. I was scared in the Murano because it had so much body roll and the brakes were crap for it's size.

The CX-7 was in a totally different class than the Murano. It took corners like a damn sports car and stopped on a dime. It was fun weaving through the cones and not losing one bit of grip, where-as in the Murano I lost it and ended up hitting half the cones.

As a CX-7 owner for 2 years this July, and 35K miles, my wife andI can tell you, CX-7 rocks. The Murano does not have something that all Mazdas come with standard. Soul. A cookie cutter boring mobile that makes children cry because of the normalcy and blandness in their box car SUV.

Get a CX-7, people look, and some wave. You will get a lot of "Nice car!" comments.

The CX-7 is just a blast to drive. We have the GT with the tech package. The backup camera is really good to have. A must for all SUV's these days, and keyless operation has never failed us. And it is $10K less, too, with all the same features. It is the CX-7, which made me trade in my P5 for a Speed 3.

No breakdowns. Just a bunch of reflashes as things got better. 22.9 MPG, FWD. 93 Octane. Here are our mods.

ETS TMIC, CPE CAI, full tint. 1st out TurboSmart BOV , 5 ply intercooler hoses, Arctic White Nokya fog light bulbs, 20" Zinik Z18 wheels (lighter than OEM), Yokohama Parada Spec X 255-45-20 tires (glue in rain).

If you have any questions, let me know. PM me if you want to.

Eric

Another vote for the CX-7. IMO it looks sooooooo much better than the Murano.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast