Page 2566 of 2567 FirstFirst ... 156620662466251625562564256525662567 LastLast
Results 25,651 to 25,660 of 25661

Thread: Protege Blog --What have you done to yours today?

I've not been here for a long (long) time. Mostly because my BJ sits in the garage while I bike everywhere. The other day I had to drive and it (Protege, not bicycle) starts running rough and CEL is blinking. P0303, misfire on cylinder 3. So what I did today was check the plugs (okay) and swapped the coils (no change, still 303). I suppose tomorrow I'll go ahead and replace the plugs. When that doesn't fix it, then I guess it's either compression check or figure out how to inspect injectors.

I should say I've been ignoring a stuck EGR code for about a year... I took the opportunity to pull it and clean it while swapping the coils.

Other than that, I rode my bike for fun, because it's finally not ridiculously cold around here.
    Perfect day: Drive mazda to trailhead, ride road bike to next trailhead, hike to car, pick up bike, drink beer.

I wish I were riding my bike instead of driving the protege...
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

Parked my silver car a week ago. Picked up an 03.5 P5 with leather, sunroof and chrome/polished factory wheels(which have beat up summer tires on them). Oh and its Laser Blue.

Ass end is saggy as the previous owner installed MSP springs out back, but didn't get around to the front yet. I'm going back to stock height, then will have some AWR coils installed come summer once I get them rebuilt. Also managed to snag some JDM tails for a measly $150.
    2003.5 Mazda Protege5 5 speed - Laser Blue Mica (24a)
    2007 Mazda 5 GS 5 Speed - Strato Blue Mica (25e)
    2002 Mazda Protege5 5 Speed - Sunlight Silver Metallic (22v)- R.I.P March 2014.

Laser blue, coilovers, and JDM tails?

HNNGGG
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

Quote Originally Posted by downtube View Post
    I've not been here for a long (long) time. Mostly because my BJ sits in the garage while I bike everywhere. The other day I had to drive and it (Protege, not bicycle) starts running rough and CEL is blinking. P0303, misfire on cylinder 3. So what I did today was check the plugs (okay) and swapped the coils (no change, still 303). I suppose tomorrow I'll go ahead and replace the plugs. When that doesn't fix it, then I guess it's either compression check or figure out how to inspect injectors.

I should say I've been ignoring a stuck EGR code for about a year... I took the opportunity to pull it and clean it while swapping the coils.

Other than that, I rode my bike for fun, because it's finally not ridiculously cold around here.
    Turned out to be a plug wire. All is well, CEL is even out from the EGR. Still not driving though.
    Perfect day: Drive mazda to trailhead, ride road bike to next trailhead, hike to car, pick up bike, drink beer.

Oh yeah, I have that pulley noise that I suspect is the water pump bearing starting to go.

I re-wrapped my downpipe/cutout.

-Mark-
    '02 Sunburst Yellow P5 with just a little power adder

lunch:

followed this fool word for word. this did fix a sticking/hard to turn steering wheel. the instructions say to do a 2 step application. half a can, once like scotty said. then again with no power steering fluid and only 1.5 cans worth. then a final flush and steering fluid fill. I might save the other half a can for another time, and do the goldstar method of manually exchanging the fluid in a couple weeks.

replaced front right caliper. I had replaced the pads and rotors on Sunday. the right caliper piston was nearly impossible to retract. I had no issues with the previous brakes so thought nothing of it. Monday on the way to work, the front right was smoking! so after work, picked up a caliper from the parts store. this morning woke up extra early to start working on it. I am happy to report its not dragging or smoking

I should probably replace the other front caliper for symmetry and bleed all 4 corners but that's a job for another day

On August 6th I traded her in for a 2016.5 CX-5, which will be Tams new DD. The dealer gave me $700 for her with worn winter tires on steel wheels and almost 195K on the odometer. It was sad to say goodbye but the rust was slowly eating away at her.

Page 2566 of 2567 FirstFirst ... 156620662466251625562564256525662567 LastLast