Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Piggybacks

Piggybacks

Hello there...

Just wondering...

Has anyone sucessfully usd a SAFC II on an N/A Protege 5?

If so, is it worth it?

I've heard that the P5 Air/fuel curves are pretty crappy, and hence thought of getting one...

How much 'power' can be gained with the use of one on an FSDE with bolt-ons (CAI, Header, Exhaust)

BANG FOR BUCK -

Is it worth getting the SAFCII at ($600.00)over say...

A lightened flywheel and full UD pulley kit? (Around $800.00 CAD)

Quote Originally Posted by RdP5 View Post
    Hello there...

Just wondering...

Has anyone sucessfully usd a SAFC II on an N/A Protege 5?

If so, is it worth it?

I've heard that the P5 Air/fuel curves are pretty crappy, and hence thought of getting one...

How much 'power' can be gained with the use of one on an FSDE with bolt-ons (CAI, Header, Exhaust)

BANG FOR BUCK -

Is it worth getting the SAFCII at ($600.00)over say...

A lightened flywheel and full UD pulley kit? (Around $800.00 CAD)
    Are you talking about the Split Second AFC or the APEXi SAFC? I dunno about N/A's but APEXi doesnt work on MSPs.

i just installed the ssafc afc last night... im having issues with super lean conditions at start up.... besides that it seems to be doing quite well at altering the afr's. I just need to learn how to tune this thing. Figure i'll just go to a shop and get it done there. I created a map but am very unsure about my settings. I'll give it another day and pray for no zoom zoom boom x2 then set it back to default (all 10) and see if i still have lean conditions at start up. If not try it and share your stories and experiences.

I'm going the MPI + NA module + innovate lc-1 route soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 808mp5 View Post
    i just installed the ssafc afc last night... im having issues with super lean conditions at start up.... besides that it seems to be doing quite well at altering the afr's. I just need to learn how to tune this thing. Figure i'll just go to a shop and get it done there. I created a map but am very unsure about my settings. I'll give it another day and pray for no zoom zoom boom x2 then set it back to default (all 10) and see if i still have lean conditions at start up. If not try it and share your stories and experiences.
    You should ask some of the members on here that are using SS if they have a map that would work with your mods...there are definately some guys on here that know what they are doing and could help...If not here then on the "other" forum...sorry guys I dont like promoting the forum that just slapped me with 5 more infraction points, but there are some MAPs posted over there for SS users.

Quote Originally Posted by CrashKelly View Post
    the "other" forum...sorry guys I dont like promoting the forum that just slapped me with 5 more infraction points, but there are some MAPs posted over there for SS users.
    mmmm, infarction points, me likey. Scold me, threaten me, ban me............It hurts the spot where my feelings should be every time I get those. I feel so ashamed & diminshed as a human being. My self worth all battered & shit. NOT!

Actually, I was thinking Apexi...Never heard of Split Second...

the apexi neo is the only one that works with the fsde

Quote Originally Posted by i12drivemyMP5 View Post
    mmmm, infarction points, me likey. Scold me, threaten me, ban me............It hurts the spot where my feelings should be every time I get those. I feel so ashamed & diminshed as a human being. My self worth all battered & shit. NOT!
    yeah tell me about it...Ooooh no dont give me three infraction points for making fun of someone over the internet...how will I ever get another job if someone runs my record or a credit check they'll find out about my 24/7 infractions! NOO!

24/7 sucks...

^except for great deals on the FS forum...I've saved literally thousands of dollars over the last year in used parts...
    And of course the great how-tos...most of which of course were written BEFORE it started going downhill in all manners possible.
    MP3: moderately modified

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast