+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mazda Protege Maintenance Guide and Official Workshop Manual (FSM)

Mazda Protege Maintenance Guide and Official Workshop Manual (FSM)

If you are looking for the manual for your Mazda Protege or Protege5, here is the link for it.

Mazda Protege/MP5 Manual

Backup link here

This will help you a bunch while modding or doing repairs.

Ed (Kansei): thanks Focus for hosting it
    Last edited by kansei; 03-08-2008 at 11:58 AM.
    K&N Typhone 2 Intake l Esperil Springs l RR Footwell lights l EvoR trunk Lip l Axis Supermesh Rims l Agency Power midpipe l Eye lids l OEM tow hook painted chrome black l Blacked out emblems l LS1 Coils l Exhaust

your carless administrator

Protege Maintenance Guide

Here's a gem: The very new (this summer) revised canadian EGR valve part number!

FSY1-18-W00

it retails for around $150 canadian, doesn't seem to be available anywhere in the states yet (mazdaspeed motorsports, onlinemazdaparts.com, etc). It adds two coolant lines (hooks in between the throttle body and the water return) as well as a vacuum line to assist the electromechanical valve.

Should totally fix the EGR problems once and for all. --as soon as we are able to buy it here in the states. I'll probably smuggle one across the border in the spring

For the 1.6, it's ZMY1-18-WOO, about the same price, and they won't ever be available in the states. They have no benefits for anyone who isn't in Canadian climates. If you live in Northern VT, NH, ME, NY, MN, MI.. it may be nice
    Last edited by kansei; 03-08-2008 at 03:50 PM.

Link is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by kansei View Post
    Here's a gem: The very new (this summer) revised canadian EGR valve part number!

FSY1-18-W00

it retails for around $150 canadian, doesn't seem to be available anywhere in the states yet (mazdaspeed motorsports, onlinemazdaparts.com, etc). It adds two coolant lines (hooks in between the throttle body and the water return) as well as a vacuum line to assist the electromechanical valve.

Should totally fix the EGR problems once and for all. --as soon as we are able to buy it here in the states. I'll probably smuggle one across the border in the spring
    Thank is awesome, thanks for the info. That is a definite.
    2003 MazdaSpeed Protege #899 Black Mica - It used to disco.

Quote Originally Posted by kamon8404 View Post
    Thank is awesome, thanks for the info. That is a definite.
    Aren't you in Canada? Maybe I'm remembering the wrong member. If you are, and you get the EGR CEL (usually "egr flow insufficient") the replacement is free under a 7 year extended warranty.

I hear there is another tsb / warranty extension for the 1.6 now as well, but likely a different part number.

Protege Workshop Manual HELP!!!

Hey guys, I'm trying to replace my head today and just realized that the manual that used to be on protege5.ugly.net is no longer there. Does anyone have the engine mechanical section of the manual? I need the torque specs and would like it as a back-up to cover my ass. As I said, I'm trying to do it today, so I'm looking for a quick response!!! Thanks guys

-Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by DemonIAm View Post
    lol that's not the right thread. it links to the now defunct site as well.. looking for the good links (there's a couple)

p.s. merged the two threads while I look.

Oh, it's in off topic, iirc

ding ding ding! found it (but not the thread haha)

updated the first post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast