Thread: Need help to locate throttle body or iac valve on a 2.3l 2007 mpv!!!!

Need help to locate throttle body or iac valve on a 2.3l 2007 mpv!!!!

Hi there - i joined this enthusiasts group to hopefully get some help!

I drive my kids around in the 2007 Mazda MPV 2.3ltr
    It keep stalling on me! I have googled this issue (stalls while going around corner) and found it was a common issue with earlier models - and there was great hellp saying to clean out the throttle body and iac valve, it even showed where these were located.

Problem is - cant find anything as to where our one is located - this engine is layed out quite different so it is not in the same place and so far I have not found any info on our engine as to location of it if there is even one at all. so trying to find out where it is so I can then see about pulling it apart to clean.

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction i would be SOOOOOOOO thankful!!! It is so horrible when it keeps stalling - lucky noone has gone up my backside so far!

Thanks for any reply!

Now with pictures, but not for you! chiefmg's Avatar
    Throttle body is always located after the air filter and before the intake manifold. I'm not familiar with your particular layout, however an easy way to find where it is would be to have someone depress the accelerator pedal while you look under the hood. You should see the throttle cable moving the butterfly on the throttle body (you won't see the actual butterfly but the wheel the cable attaches to). If your van has a plastic cosmetic engine cover remove that first so you don't miss anything.

Good luck!
    '81 RX-7, '00 Miata SE, '06 RX-8 (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD.

Thanks so much for your reply!!!
    I read this to my husband who now says he knows where the throttle body is but can't work out what is the Idle Air Control valve. It's electronic though - so no moving cable like u mention. So anyway, trying to work out which bit is the IAC now

Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    Throttle body is always located after the air filter and before the intake manifold. I'm not familiar with your particular layout, however an easy way to find where it is would be to have someone depress the accelerator pedal while you look under the hood. You should see the throttle cable moving the butterfly on the throttle body (you won't see the actual butterfly but the wheel the cable attaches to). If your van has a plastic cosmetic engine cover remove that first so you don't miss anything.

Good luck!