Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy $#!^, not only did I find one but I bought it!

Holy $#!^, not only did I find one but I bought it!

Thought I'd start my own little build thread to keep track of my progress. With two kids (one of which is going to college next year) it will be slow and painful (for me) at times but hey, I got it and that's the first step!

She's a 2003 Shinsen (production #762) and my wife has named her Lexi Grey. I picked her up Friday morning with 79673 miles on the odometer. She's had one previous owner and lived her entire life in sunny Boca Raton FL. I flew from Newark NJ to Melbourne FL Friday morning where the owner of the small dealership from whom I purchased her from picked me up. Once we got all the paperwork squared away, he attached the temp. plate and I was on my way home. Stopped in Savannah, GA and met up with Reitrof and his wife, thanks again for dinner Bruce and Mary! After a refreshing stop with some good company, I was back on the road and stopped for the night at a Super8 in Manning SC. Pulled into the driveway Sat. night around 7:30pm with 80765 miles on the odometer (about half of those with the top down).

As of now, she is completely stock but I have a few mods planned for her.

Snow tires/wheels as she'll be my year round dd
    Hardtop
    Headunit with Bluetooth and iPod compatibility
    Suspension
    Exhaust
    Horn
    Rollbar

I'm sure I'll do some other things here and there (getting the MossMiata catalog will ensure that). haha

Onto some pics.....

Ready to get on 95 and start the trek home

Leaving Manning SC

Posing with Pedro, South of the Border

Nice find.

damn, congrats! That is quite beautiful. Try not to rust her out, OK?

Now with pictures, but not for you! chiefmg's Avatar
    Very nice. I know you are going to enjoy the hell out of it.
    '81 RX-7, '00 Miata SE, '06 RX-8 (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD.

Congrats Jeff! Glad it finally worked out. It's hard to believe that since you've been looking I've bought 3 miatas. I thought your search would never end.

Thanks guys! I'll def try not to Tony!!! Will have to keep on top of cleaning out the rockers during the winter months. Added a JVC HU with BT and iPod/iPhone compatibility last Thursday. Now the search for a ht and snow tires or summer wheels begins.

Shawn...three!? Damn, last I knew you had bought the MSM. So you still have all three or on your third variation?

Quote Originally Posted by CTt3P5 View Post
    Shawn...three!? Damn, last I knew you had bought the MSM. So you still have all three or on your third variation?
    Bought the MSM and then started race prepping it. Lauren got mad since with the aluminum seat she can't drive it anymore. So I found a 10AE with a badly knocking engine for less than even parts value. Thats in the barn waiting for an engine rebuild. Then I got a text about a 91 with a jackson racing SC on it that someone wanted rid of. Bought that and towed it to my dad's house. He said just leave the title there, he wanted it.

So, bought 3 miatas, still have 2 but I drive the other one around. I'll keep my eyes open for parts for you!

Nice looking Miata man! Super jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by darkcambria View Post
    Bought the MSM and then started race prepping it. Lauren got mad since with the aluminum seat she can't drive it anymore. So I found a 10AE with a badly knocking engine for less than even parts value. Thats in the barn waiting for an engine rebuild. Then I got a text about a 91 with a jackson racing SC on it that someone wanted rid of. Bought that and towed it to my dad's house. He said just leave the title there, he wanted it.

So, bought 3 miatas, still have 2 but I drive the other one around. I'll keep my eyes open for parts for you!
    Lol about lauren but a happy wife means a happy life. i do like tbe 10aes...great color and that interior is beautiful. Any progress on the engine work? Have to love your dad too...sure tow it here and ill take care of it. Haha. Tks man...right now im trying to focus on wheels and a hardtop. Thinking of getting some lightweight 15s for summer and either putting snows on the stockers or selling them off for some cheap 15s for winter duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch3 View Post
    Nice looking Miata man! Super jealous.
    Tks scorch. So far im lovin it and perfect timing as the warm weather is creeping in.

not a shinka :P

(blue seats too? one of my favorites!)
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast