Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Abbey - 2014 S Touring Mazda3

I finally got tired of driving around w/o all the modern day automotive luxuries like A/C and touch screen technology packages so I went all out and got myself a new car! Seeing the new Mazda6 in Blue Reflex Mica set me 100% on what color I wanted, in fact before the new 3 was released I was waiting on a diesel 6.. good thing I changed my mind! I went back and forth a few times weighing the options between the I Touring (155hp 2.0L) and S Touring (184hp 2.5L), in the end it was only a few grand and a few MPG difference between the two so why not? There were so many extra things (HUD, leatherette, LED tails/DRLs and HID headlights to name a few) that I'm so glad I paid the extra for. I had to have a sedan, I'm not much of a hatch guy.. plus the first 2014 Mazda3 in Florida in Blue Reflex just happened to be exactly what I wanted. I actually ordered an I Touring in Blue Reflex but this one showed up first and I couldn't turn down all those extras.. I was already gonna spend $25k so what's another $2k at that point?

Here's my first "real" picture of her, Andrew just happened to be in town getting his first oil change so we met up for a little photo shoot.

Oh, and as you can see she already had full 3M tint all around before I took her home.

Love this color so much, it really changes with the mood of the day.

Of course it didn't even take me a few hours to dig into things...

I had already bought brand new Enkei EMK3's in 17" anticipating buying an I Touring with 16" wheels.. also didn't want to go bigger than 17" if I was going to be lowering the car.

SO much wheel gap though, I couldn't take it. These wheels only stayed on for a few days. They'll be back when I get springs.

This interior.. soooo nice. I love it.

A few more with the wheels..

Under the hood:

Dat race header..

Underbody, completely flat! So many MPG.

Hidden exhaust on the sedan:

17's vs 18's
    Last edited by jeg0024; 01-07-2014 at 10:30 PM.
    "Failure is the mother of success."

Then this happened:

Dat lip spoiler..

Bought some $75 Dodo Juice Blue Velvet hard wax, Red Mist Tropical detailing spray and some other stuff.. she shines up SO NICE!

A few more pics...

Then she got some GT yellow fog overlays:

Some cell phone pics:

Decided to go ahead and de-badge the trunk:

I like the new cleaner look..

Then a dryflow filter from JBR and she's breathing 200% better!

Dat ass..

After my most recent wash and 2nd wax:

More random pics from Instagram:

So that should do it for a little while on the pictures lol. I'll keep updating this thread with any new stuff/mods but mostly just more pictures. Things still on my "waiting for it to be made so I can buy it" list is a JBR rear sway bar, CorkSport lowering springs and a CorkSport axleback exhaust. I don't really see me doing anything else to the car after that but you never know. I was thinking of doing a long-term review of the car but I didn't think anyone would care to read it. I only have 2200 miles on the car and have had it for just over 2 months so maybe come time for my first oil change I'll write something up. If you wanna know or see anything else just ask! (})

Oh, one more picture.. it's a photoshop of the car lowered on my wheels.. I love it! Just waiting on CorkSport!

party time.
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

Nope
    - Team Fail Motorsports: Failing Hardcore Since 2009 -

INB4: Sub.

I wonder what engine it has in it..

Quote Originally Posted by jeg0024 View Post
    INB4: Sub.

I wonder what engine it has in it..
    i heard its a skyactive :P

Now with pictures, but not for you! chiefmg's Avatar
    What the? An automatic!? Gah!!! Kill it with fire before it replicates!!!!!!!

That is a nice looking car. I agree with your keeping the 18" wheels, I would say they will still look better than the 17's even after you drop it. I'm still not sure about the latest corporate front end though. Maybe if they didn't all have that huge emblem in the middle it would be better.
    '81 RX-7, '00 Miata SE, '06 RX-8 (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD.

Quote Originally Posted by jeg0024 View Post

Underbody, completely flat! So many MPG.

Sure is a lot to like on the new 3! I am pretty jelly.
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast