Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abbey - 2014 S Touring Mazda3

Nothing beats my big gas savings with this new SKYACTIV engine.
    "Failure is the mother of success."

I dont always bro, but when I do... Tungsten6's Avatar
    Yo dog i heard you like your skyactiv so you should put skyactiv on your skyactiv
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 w/ Technology Package
    JBR 88 Duro RMM/JBR Shifter Bushings/JBR Shifter Weight/Corksport Stage 2 SRI/Cobb APv2/Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

SO glad I didn't keep my mind set on waiting on that 2.2L SKYACTIV-D shit.. delayed again! Plus a 6 is way to freaking big, I don't want Titanic.

AND THAT SHIT EXPLODES! #doyouevenMZR
    #streetunitftw #cullenismybuttplug #greatasssstmotoreva
    JBR 88 Duro RMM/JBR Shifter Bushings/JBR Shifter Weight/Corksport Stage 2 SRI/Cobb APv2/Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

hush you two, we all secretly want to be boat captains..
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

Nope did that shit once
    Started at the bottom now I'm here

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten6 View Post
    Nope did that shit once
    Started at the bottom now I'm here
    o_O
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

Finally, my chance to be a focus! lol I got an email today...
    We have a passion to design and engineer the best vehicles possible. As a Mazda Owner, you have a passion for driving, and that is why we invite you to be a part of our exclusive "virtual focus group" to help us learn more about your relationship with your new Mazda.

I figured I'd share with everyone what I said in the survey, so here it is:

We want to hear what's on your mind. What do you like or dislike about your Mazda? What can we do to improve our products and your ownership experience? Please feel free to share any comments or suggestions with us in the box below.

I love my 2014 Mazda3, every single thing about it. I would try to name a favorite feature but I can't, even if you broke it up into categories I couldn't do it.

The Kodo design language carried over very nicely to the 3. I love the new front end, how the wheel arches carry onto the side of the car an into the door handles, even the rear of the sedan looks great with the hidden exhaust to simplify the look. No Corolla straight body lines here! Straight lines are for squares, the curves on the new Mazda3 make it look slick and fast even when sitting still. Also, thanks for putting the fuel door back on the driver's side, it's kind of pointless to have it on the passenger's side.. but I'm sure Ford was to blame for that.

The interior is exceptional, from the intuitive display and controls to the seat materials, it's all just perfect. I love the large central tachometer and the fact that useless dummy gauges like water temperature are made into lights not taking up space. Everything is right to the point, if you need to see it then it's right in front of you, if you don't then it's not there. The HUD is awesome, I love how the navigation next turn is displayed and cruise control information as well as the speed. When I drive someone else's car I can't believe we ever had to look down away from the road to see our speed, it's so nice not having to take your eyes off the road and know your exact speed.. it actually keeps me from speeding as well. The BSM system is also great, every new car should have such safety features. The whole Mazda Connect system is great, I use my Pandora and XM radio all the time. The Bose speaker system is excellent, an improvement over previous model 3's as well (as with everything on this car). I love the seat material even if it is leatherette.. no one else will ever know. The rest of the interior is very stylish but to the point, I have plenty of room and the trunk is very spacious.

The drive itself is nothing short of what you'd expect from Mazda. From the front caster of an RX-8 or Miata to the multi-link rear everything is just perfect. The steering feel is great, I hate a soft and numb steering feel and I know it's hard to keep the feel of older systems that would draw power from the motor but I can tell Mazda tried their best to keep it.

The 2.5L SKYACTIV-G is an amazing motor, plenty of horsepower to get up to speed getting on the highway or to overtake all while being as efficient as possible. I've been averaging 34 mpg with about 80% city driving and that's amazing considering the EPA estimates. I also really enjoy telling people at the SKYACTIV Technology that Mazda has spread across their lineup. It's not just some ECO button or slight change to the motor/transmission, it's a comprehensive design package. I was really happy to look under the car and find an almost flat under body, it really shows the level of attention that was paid to every little detail to get every mpg out of what some may see as unconventional/irrational ways of saving fuel. Which reminds me, this automatic SKY-Drive transmission is great. Older automatic transmissions have been sluggish, slow and power cutting. I enjoy driving a manual but after seeing how much R&D went into making this automatic the best one on the market and taking it for a drive I was hooked. Amazing job, again.

I'm sure I may have overlooked a few things but I am, as you can tell, extremely satisfied with this car, the price I paid for it and the service I received. I'd like to extend my gratitude to everyone who had a hand in making this car happen, if this could be shared with them I'm sure they'd be happy to read it. I haven't been a part of any previous surveys of this type or ever formally complained about a previous Mazda that I've owned but when I look at my car I really get a sense that they listened to those people who did complain. Everything was done with purpose, nothing was overlooked. I just want them to know they're doing a great job and they're pushing this company in the right direction. It's not easy to go it alone in a world full of mass producing automotive companies but if things keep going this way Mazda will be just fine. Zoom-Zoom! (})

And it was funny that I ended it with a zoom-zoom because the last question was this:
    What does Zoom Zoom mean to you?

"Get in, be moved." Zoom-Zoom says to me that it's not about the destination, it's about the journey. Zoom-Zoom isn't for the people who see driving as getting from point A to point B. It's for the people who don't care where they're coming from or where they're going as long as they can have fun getting there. I don't care how much I don't want to go to work in the morning I still want to get in my car and drive. After a long day at work nothing is better than being greeted by a comfortable seat, a beautiful steering wheel and everything you want at your fingertips.. and just drive. I didn't buy a car to just get around, I bought a car to "be a driver." And it's not just a car, it's a car from a company with their roots in racing, a car made by drivers for drivers. Zoom-Zoom is the whole reason why a Mazda is the only car I'll ever buy. To me it's the only car worth driving.

Drove around town with Jerry and a couple other Miata guys.. there were many more pictures taken but all with Jerry's camera so I don't have them yet.

Well, this just happened.. getting ready for Dragon Camp lol (seriously, I am)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast