Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tungsten6's '13 MS3 build

I dont always bro, but when I do... Tungsten6's Avatar
    Yes. Tuning is the key to these cars. Over stock tune I can pick up around 25whp/17tq (all I have to do is go on the cobb website and download stage 1 no intake) . With an intake and a cat delete its proably around an additional 10-15. The stock tune is complete garbage.
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 w/ Technology Package
    JBR 88 Duro RMM/JBR Shifter Bushings/JBR Shifter Weight/Corksport Stage 2 SRI/Cobb APv2/Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

So no actually tuning like megasquirt? It's just downloaded software patch and you pic your accessories and plug it in?

Plenty of tuning. You just can't make changes on the fly.
    You have to make the changes to the car using ATR (software for tuning like tuner studio), Flash the map to the ECU, Do a data log and then hop back on the computer for the changes you want. Im not doing all that because I really dont care that much. The car is stock motor wise so I wont gain much by making small changes. When I have everything i want (FMIC,TP,DP,SRI+TIP) the car will be tuned by an etuner on mazdaspeed forums.

Essentially you do the same. He sends you a base map of his own, you do a log and he tunes your car off the log.
    JBR 88 Duro RMM/JBR Shifter Bushings/JBR Shifter Weight/Corksport Stage 2 SRI/Cobb APv2/Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Washed, waxed, and clayed yesterday
    Cobb AP is installed car runs pretty damn good now. Picked up a good amount of power. Virtual dyno (which is usually within 5whp/tq if done correctly) says I am at 235/273
    [IMG][/IMG]

IMG_1780 by tungsten6, on Flickr

IMG_1784 by tungsten6, on Flickr
    IMG_1799 by tungsten6, on Flickr
    IMG_1805 by tungsten6, on Flickr
    IMG_1806 by tungsten6, on Flickr
    IMG_1821 by tungsten6, on Flickr

Next up is Autotech FP internals because its slightly low, Corksport Stage 2 Intake, and 3in Test pipe.

lower it.
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

Yup, FP internals are a must on the gen2's.

Well I was inebriated last night, and apparently I ordered a Corksport stage 2 intake....
    So I have an intake on the way, lol.

What intake do you have?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567