Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tungsten6's '13 MS3 build

I dont always bro, but when I do... Tungsten6's Avatar

Tungsten6's '13 MS3 build

Well as most of you know, I bought a new MS3 a few weeks ago. I had been contemplating selling the miata off and on for a few months and finally decided that I I was going to part it out.

Original plan was to put the miata back to stock, drive it for a year and then pick up a Focus ST, but looking at how much they were (about 30K for they way I would want it) I decided to look at other options. WRX was on the list, but I wanted a wagon. Then for shits I looked up MS3's not expecting much and after more thinking, the more I drove the miata, the more miles and less it would be worth.

Mazda had $1500 rebates on them and the deals were stupid good on them and I new that I had to move fast because I knew they hadent been made for awhile and whatever dealers had left was it. Since I have no rent to pay and am going to be in school for the next few years, I figured I would make a move and get myself into a new car. That I could comfortably drive every day, load my friends up and head out for the weekend, and just overall fun. I wanted something that was equally fun as the miata, but in a different package.

I new exactly what I wanted, A white one with tech package. It took a few dealerships (I looked at a gray, black, and red one) but I kept coming back to white. I was able to track one down at a dealer about 90 miles away and came back with this little beauty.

Its a 2013 MS3
    Crystal White Pearl
    w/ Technology Package It was at a dealers over flow lot with 9 miles on it. So it came off the truck and straight to the other lot. So happy it had no miles on it.

I love it to death. I have no desire to do anything to the car right now, because I love how it drives stock. I love all the features I havent really found anything I do not like, but I know I will get bored with it eventually, and I do already have some plans for it. Motor mount is going to get swapped very soon because I know all the horror stories about them breaking and you can honestly feel how weak it is when you mash it.

Current Modifications

Performance

Suspension

Exterior
    • 35%/15% Window tint
    • Ugly dealer installed penstripe removed

Interior

In the mail:
    Waiting to install:
    About to order:

Planned Modifications

Performance
    • Cobb RMM
    • Cobb AP
    • Autotech Fuel Pump Internals
    • White JBR SRI
    • JBR TIP
    • Corksport Race pipe
    • Turbosmart Kompact BPV
    • Corksport Catback Exhaust
    • JBR Shifter Plate
    • JBR Shifter Bushings
    • Cobb shifter weight

Suspension
    • JBR RSB
    • Lowering Springs
    • JBR Camber Arms

Exterior
    • Mazda CA Window Visors
    • Rally Armor Mudflaps
    • HID fogs
    • LED Reverse bulbs

Interior
    • Corksport interior LED
    • Cobb Shiftknob Red

August 6, 2013

Last edited by Tungsten6; 08-25-2013 at 04:23 PM.
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 w/ Technology Package
    JBR 88 Duro RMM/JBR Shifter Bushings/JBR Shifter Weight/Corksport Stage 2 SRI/Cobb APv2/Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Here is a picture from last night with the penstripe removed and window tint. I havent had time to photoshoot it yet.
    This picture does show off the beautiful pearl paint and body lines very well though
    JBR 88 Duro RMM/JBR Shifter Bushings/JBR Shifter Weight/Corksport Stage 2 SRI/Cobb APv2/Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

what were they thinking with that pinstripe!! just horrible. especially the way it flows (or doesn't) over the body lines on the front fender. glad its gone!
    2003.5 Mazda Protege5 5 speed - Laser Blue Mica (24a)
    2007 Mazda 5 GS 5 Speed - Strato Blue Mica (25e)
    2002 Mazda Protege5 5 Speed - Sunlight Silver Metallic (22v)- R.I.P March 2014.

wtf pinstripe..

Have you had it tinted yet?
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

Indeed.

Ew. Comic Sans.
    - Team Fail Motorsports: Failing Hardcore Since 2009 -

Same font the Miatas build was in

Just wanted to say congrats on the new car! Hopefully it treats you well for a long time!
    2008 Black Mica Mazdaspeed3 Sport

Thanks! I hope so too!

congrats on the buy!!

Protege to MX-5 lineage
    Kevin did it before Phil, who was before Andrew, before Bruce, Chris, Tony, Phen, Tylor, Mahk, Roy, John, Jerry, Rob, Shadow, Josh, Scratch, Dub, Andrew, Vocko, Matt V, Protojason, Chief, who's Miata we will see one picture of ever, Barry, and GMalatrasi.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast